Wednesday

Chicken and Andouille Jambalaya ~Emeril's


I had never made jambalaya before, but I picked up some andouille sausage from a local sausage company so I thought I would try it.


Having no shrimp on hand, I used Emeril's recipe which requires only Chicken and Andouille.


If you know jambalaya, you know it's not about PRETTY... it's about great taste in a one pot meal. And it really is tasty.

The colors are so much more vibrant when they first begin cooking...


But it's when the onion and bell peppers begin to caramelize that the deep rich flavors develop.

Then the sausage is browned, and the chicken (skinless thigh pieces), cayenne and bay leaves are added and allowed to cook.


The uncooked rice is stirred in and coated for a few minutes. Finally liquid added. the pot covered is allowed to simmer for 30 to 35 minutes. Sliced green onions are stirred in just before serving.

It was very good, although I cut the amount of cayenne back substantially. A crispy green tossed salad completed the meal very well. I would make this one again!




The recipe can be found on Emeril's internet site:







13 comments:

  1. I love Jambalaya! This looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's been years since I've made jambalaya and this looks so delicious. Love your new banner - I could just eat the screen :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know....yours certainly looks pretty to me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your food always looks so incredible~ tasty, beautiful, perfect. This is no exception!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My father makes this recipe frequently, Emeril's.


    Yours looks equally delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Mary!
    That looks delicious! I have never had it, but I will def try it..
    And if that doesn't look good, I don't know what does!

    Kathleen
    L.I., NY

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mary I make jambalaya often...YOURS IS PRETTY! TRUST ME!
    Looks wonderful as always!
    L~xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. You take the best pics out there Mari..whoa..:O
    Pls trail back for an award..:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm coming over for dinner... I'll be there by tomorrow.. ;)

    You're amazing...

    Hugs

    cielo

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is a great looking jambalaya Mary. And you DO make it pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love jambalaya and yours is beautiful and looks so tasty. I always appreciate your extra comments and notes.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I do love a good jambalaya, but I have not made Emeril's. Looks delish.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, friends ~ they make my day!

A Sampling of my food . . .

Subscribe:

 Subscribe in a reader...or

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner