Wednesday

Super Easy Shredded BBQ Chicken Sandwiches


This one really IS super easy.

You can cook chicken specifically for this recipe, or
do what I often do and use leftover chicken (either
your own or a store-bought rotisserie hen.)

Just removed skin from cooked chicken, shred it with
your hands or two forks, place it in a pan with
BBQ sauce (your favorite brand, or homemade).
Heat gently until warmed through ~ you may want
to add a little water as it's heating to keep the meat
moist.

I usually top these with good vinegary coleslaw ~ again,
homemade or store bought.




This time I served the chicken on homemade
"Moomie's" Sandwich Buns (an old King Arthur Flour recipe),
but your favorite kind of bun or sturdy bread will do
just as well.  I like to toast the buns and top with
a little garlic butter before assembling ~ but that's up to
you.

A really easy meal when you don't want to spend
much time in the kitchen.

If you give them a try, I hope you enjoy!


Have a good day friends.


Peace,

~m. xoxo

10 comments:

  1. This is definitely an easy recipe and perfect for weeknights Mari.

    ReplyDelete
  2. easy or not - you make it look gourmet. my mouth is watering.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Je ne sais pas si c'est délicieux mais visuellement cela me semble savoureux.
    gros bisous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. fabulous photo, you have me hungry for it at 5am!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for such kind comments! You each really know how to make my week. :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Picture Perfect:-)
    I should make your Moomie buns again soon..I remember searching for your cutter:-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you Mme. M. So good to 'see' you! xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, what a very nice comment Ms. Lemon. Thank you so much for your message. (I love lemons, too!) xo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, friends ~ they make my day!

A Sampling of my food . . .

Subscribe:

 Subscribe in a reader...or

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner