Tuesday

Parmesan-Polenta Crostini with Thyme


If you're looking for a simple yet delicious, make-ahead appetizer, you might consider this one ~
These are surprisingly flavorful for so few ingredients, perfect with a glass of wine, too.







The recipe is simply fine polenta cornmeal cooked in water, with some grated parmesan cheese and thyme leaves stirred in at the end of cooking.


The mixture is then spread onto a parchment sheet on an inverted, shallow-rimmed baking pan, another parchment sheet is placed directly on the polenta. A second baking sheet is placed on top then pressed to make a neat layer of polenta, about 1/4-inch thick.
Chill for an hour, or up to 24 hours, cut in triangles (or any shape you like), sprinkle the tops with additional Parmesan cheese & thyme, then baked off for a few minutes until hot throughout. Then place under hot broiler element until lightly golden brown.
You can serve them warm or at room temperature, I like them plain but you could offer a small bowl of warm Marinara Sauce for dipping if desired.


If you would like a printable copy of the recipe, you can find it on my recipe blog ~
Click HERE to access.




Thank you for stopping by and any comments you would like to leave.










12 comments:

  1. That is one beautiful snack! I love polenta served this way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like an excellent, elegant and simple way to enjoy polenta.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My mouth is watering! Please pass the marinara.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are so unique and sound delicious! Can't wait to try them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is very similar to a post I made recently on Polenta Fries...Polenta really does make a great snack! Your recipe looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds yummy - my DH is gonna love this!!!

    Enjoy your week!
    Leann

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would love these. Do they get crisp?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I want to come and live with you for a month....I will be your slave, I promise!LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Can't get much easier than this, Mari - and they look so fancy! Perfect little appetizer :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those look delicious! I've been meaning to cook with polenta sometime...I'll have to try something like this.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you so much for your comments!

    Sue, yes- they are a little crispy, but you can toast them under the broiler for a bit longer if you want them more crispy.

    Linda-- you KNOW you are welcome ANY TIME. But you will not lift a finger if you come to visit, my friend!

    Thanks again everyone for your kind comments. If you try them I hope you like them too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Polenta is the most wonderful food. This is another keeper! I am having book club in mid September. This will be a great goodie to serve!
    You are my cooking hero!
    xo Yvonne

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, friends ~ they make my day!

A Sampling of my food . . .

Subscribe:

 Subscribe in a reader...or

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner