Monday

Blue Moon Salad

My sweet friend, Mary, introduced me to this salad a couple of years ago. Everyone I've ever made it for raves and asks for the recipe, and every time I make it I think of Mary. I add toasted almonds or walnuts and sometimes I skip the tomatoes or avocados if I don't have them on hand ~ the salad is still stellar.
Don't skip this Raspberry Dressing, it's one of the best I've ever tasted.

Thanks Mary for sharing your wonderful recipes!

Blue Moon Salad
2 bunches of spinach, rinsed and torn into bite-size pieces
1 cup dried cranberries
1 cup crumbled blue cheese
4 tomatoes, chopped
2 avocadoes - peeled, pitted and diced
1 red onion, thinly sliced
4 tablespoons red raspberry jam (with seeds)
4 tablespoons red wine vinegar
2/3 cup walnut oil
freshly ground black pepper
salt
In a large bowl, toss together the spinach, cranberries, blue cheese, tomatoes, avocado and red onion. Set aside.
In a small bowl, whisk together jam, vinegar, walnut oil, pepper and salt. Taste, and adjust amounts to suit your liking. Pour over the salad and toss to coat.
Delicious!

5 comments:

  1. I think it's been a fav of many since you first shared it~
    Thanks for the reminder and thanks Mary 2 too:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i have made a version of this for years, but you sold me on the name alone!

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of my family's favorites also - because of you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Monique, J & Susan~ for letting me know you like it, too. :)

    I appreciate the fact that you can swap out or change some of the ingredients and it still is delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love slightly sweet spinache salads. And cranberries are a must! I'll definitely try the dressing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, friends ~ they make my day!

A Sampling of my food . . .

Subscribe:

 Subscribe in a reader...or

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner